Weapons Training with Virtual Reality
Wouldn’t you like to play a wing shooting video game with your own shotgun ? Not with an XBox or a hand controller, but your own gun as the game controller ?
Now you can with CLAZER’s patented VR gun controller.
You will need the following software and hardware
- HTC Vive VR System
- HTC Vive Tracker
- CLAZER Gun Controller Version on Steam
- CLAZER Gun Controller
- A gun – preferably over/ under 12 or 20 gauge
The production design is very light and can be attached via the brackets provided or standard gun accessory mounting brackets – scope rings, flashlight and laser accessory rail brackets – to just about any firearm, AirSoft gun or Red/Blue training gun.
Playing a VR game with a real gun as the controller host (that is twinned by the virtual gun in the game) takes VR realism to another level. It feels more real, your gun movement control is enhanced, the VR gun moves more realistically in the game. You have to try it to believe it. Simply put: you will not want to go back to an X Box or a hand controller
Play CLAZER, action shooting sports or any FPS shooting game with your own gun. Here’s how to set up the Gun Controller, will do a video shortly:
- Start with VR mode turned off in Steam
- Plug Vive Tracker USB dongle and extension adapter into computer USB port
- Enable VR mode in Steam
- Plug in each Hand Controller via USB one by one to pair them to Steam
- Right click the SteamVR window and select Devices->Pair Controller
- Hold down the button on the Vive Tracker to enable pairing mode
- This did not pair, but a grey icon of the Tracker appears on the SteamVR window
- Hold down the button on the Vive Tracker again to enable pairing mode
- Right click the grey Vive Tracker icon on the SteamVR window and select Pair Tracker
- Vive Tracker and both Hand Controllers should now be paired
- Once the Steam Windows application is open, select the STORE tab at the top.
- On the Search Bar, search for CLAZER and select it
- Select Add to Cart
- In Steam, select the LIBRARY tab at the top and install or update CLAZER
- Once installed or updated, in the LIBRARY tab, right click on the installed CLAZER app
- Select the ‘Properties’ options
- Select the Betas tab at the top of the Properties Window
- Enter ‘SynapticSwitch2600‘ for the access code and select CHECK CODE
- Select the ‘development – QA Branch‘ option in the drop-down box
- The beta version will begin to download and will override the normal version.
- You can open Clazer the same way, through the Library tab.
Lead Software Engineer